2015/03/31

Tuesday, 31st March

I just thought I would share the awesome news that Jimmy has had a good turn and doing so much better.

He woke up Sunday morning and was quite talkative and just seemed in a better place and happier than he has been in a while.  It was amazing to see but I didn't want to get too excited in case he was just having a good day even though good days would be most welcome too.  It was almost as if there was a light of happiness glowing around him.  Monday he was the same and this morning he got up much earlier than he has been and walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill at a slow pace.  His hair has also started to grow back now so being bald is definitely a thing of the past.  His eyebrows are pitch black and it looks like his hair is also coming back quite dark.  Probably more like black and grey which is quite a change from orange with no grey.  I am wondering if it is going to be dead straight instead of curly, but it's too short to tell right now.

You golfers will have to think of a new nickname because Ginja Ninja just won't do it anymore :)

Some positivity has been a wonderful tonic for us both.  I feel like I can see the light now and actually, if only a little, feel like I can face the results of his bone marrow biopsy which he is having done on the 21st of April.  It's the end of the school term tomorrow and we will have all the children here till next week.

Life in our household is going to feel normal again, even if only for a week...but we'll take that thank you.

Our special thoughts and prayers are with Ron and Jeanette, our dear friends from George, who we have met through the chemo clinic.  They arrive in CT today and Ron goes into isolation ward tomorrow for his stem cell transplant....be strong xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's good to hear x

Unknown said...

Viv I am glad for both of you and it's good news that it is only going to get better. Tell Jimmy to keep on fighting as I said way back when he is going to kick it's arse.

Julie said...

Such great news for Jimmy! I know he knows, but tell him to take it slow and patiently, so it doesn't bite him back later. It's hard to wrap our minds around what our body's have endured, but all the chemo and then a SCT is a really serious, systemic altering procedure! Not that you and Jimmy want to hear this... but honestly, 5 yrs later for me, I'm not the cowgirl I used to be, and I know I never will be. It's the "new normal" and Jimmy will figure out what works for him. The fatigue is REAL and lasts and lasts and lasts. But hey, quality life will return every day!!! And he'll have fun seeing what his new hair will be! I went from blonde to bald to a dark/multicolored poodle. And then my hair eventually evolved back to what it was pre-myeloma. So Jimmy enjoy relaxing, spending time at home, healing, and you'll be back to your pre-cancer demands in no time :) xoxo

Post a Comment