2015/02/26

Thursday, 26th February

Day 56 - Stem Cell Transplant

Not much news today but at least there is no bad news.

They have stopped the bladder flush although it is still connected, I would think they probably giving it a day or so to see how Jimmy goes without it.  He is really looking forward to having his catheter removed.

I got him up after I arrived and sitting in the lazy boy.  He slept a lot today again but it is the first time in a long time that he was awake for at least an hour once I got there and we chatted about various things like I told him that yesterday was the annual budget speech, but I try not to push it as this makes him tired.  I always play along with the Brain of Cape Talk competition that is on the radio and try and see if I can beat the contestants and he opens his eyes when I do this.  He also asked me today what magazine I was reading.

Then we were all set to try some soup for supper at 5pm, as he has still been nil per mouth, but at about 3pm he started feeling very nauseous.  The sister came and gave him something for this which didn't really help.  I told the food lady that he is not up to eating and to leave breakfast in the morning and I would see if I could feed him some soup for lunch tomorrow.  When I left I popped past the nurses station and told them that he was still very nauseous and they said that they would give him something more to try and help this.  Other than this news he was nebulised once today.

 
 
Even one of the more senior nursing staff came to see how Jimmy was doing and told him that he is looking much better.  I don't think he feels quite as better as he is looking because he doesn't get overly excited about comments like this but this will come.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Julie said...

Which anti-nausea med is Jimmy on?

Post a Comment