2014/08/11

Monday, 11th August

I really wish blogspot had a 'like' button!  I read all your comments and would find it very difficult to keep coming up with replies to each and every one of you , short of just keep typing thank you.  A like button would be awesome because then I know you would know that we have read your meaningful messages but thank you anyway for always keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.


Monday the 11th....a week since I last posted.  And it's been a week of going with the flow.  We phoned the medical aid on Friday and they advised that they had received the motivation for Jimmy's new chemotherapy treatments and we should hear by today or tomorrow.  Jimmy phoned this morning and was told that it has gone to 'the panel' for approval.  I would just love to be a fly on the wall with this panel.  So we are hoping to have some positive news by Wednesday.  Of course this does not in anyway mean that we are any closer to knowing what chemo he will be having, how the cycles are made up or what the possible side effects of the new chemo will be.  The medical aid did mention that Prof applied for 4 cycles but at this stage this could mean anything too.  There are so many people that we have met through the clinic who are all on different cycles ranging from once a week to once a month to 5 days in a row, so who knows.

I had a bit of wobbly on Sunday morning.  I feel quite silly now that I am going to write about myself here...it definitely is much easier reporting on Jimmy......

I didn't feel too well on Saturday evening but I have been a bit tired lately.  I also sneezed quite allot during the day and the only time I ever sneeze is when I am going to get a cold so I put it down to coming down with something and being tired.  I didn't sleep very well at all and had allot of stupid dreams.  On Sunday morning I got up, fed Keira and came back through to the bedroom to tell Jimmy I felt very strange.  I had a very bad headache, could feel emotion welling up in me and I was very shaky and my chest was feeling tight.  I went to go sit on the patio and by this time I had chest pains, I couldn't breath properly or get air into my lungs, my left arm was cramping and both my hands and from my knees to my feet were numb.  We got hold of Dr Bell, my blood pressure was 190/103 so he suggested Constantiaberg Emergency. Well....an ECG, bloods, a pill under my tongue and some other tests later and there is nothing wrong with my heart (apart from the fact that most the time it feels broken).  This is what stress can do to you!  I am feeling much better today, although the muscles around my chest are very stiff.  I feel like I have run a marathon with a very heavy rucksack on my back.

One thing I did learn through this is that Jimmy would make a terrible nurse.....he couldn't even remember how to use our mobile phone.  On a serious note though, thank you Maureen.  I remember Jimmy phoning you and the next thing you were here and I didn't have to make anymore decisions xx

Thinking of you tomorrow Michelle <3



1 comment:

Debbie said...

Glad Maureen was there for you - remember that I am also just a message / call away if you need me xxx

Post a Comment