2015/05/19

Tuesday, 19th May

On Sunday Jimmy left on the 3pm flight up to Johannesburg for his first business trip and will be home again on Friday.  He has sneaked off without telling anyone at the chemo clinic that he will be away for the week.  I don't have a problem with him going away but I am a little concerned that he has had to have bloods done every 3 days to monitor his low platelet count and he had to have 2 platelet transfusions last week.  So I waved him goodbye with a promise to listen to his body and inspect himself each morning in the shower for bruising etc and that if anything felt different he will get on the first flight home.  "Yes darling" he assured me.  Well...he thinks he assured me.

So far so good.  I have spoken to him in the evenings and he can't stop telling me how nice it is to see all his colleagues again.   He had a touch of gout on Monday morning which he felt coming on during the flight up but by today it was gone. 

I thought I would be totally lost without him, never mind that he goes to work again but the fact that he now also wouldn't be coming home in the evening but to tell you the truth it has been a welcome break.  I have lived, eaten and breathed Jimmy for more than a year 24/7 and this week I'm enjoying the time out. 

Megan's last bit of paperwork has come through for her Schengen Visa application so we have an appointment for Thursday to get this done.  As soon as her passport comes back from Pretoria we need to apply for her US visa.  Yesterday a friend popped in for coffee and ended up staying 3 hours which was fabulous.  This morning Megan and I went through to Blue Route Mall and tomorrow morning we are going through to Cavendish to get the last few things she needs before she leaves.

On Sunday evening the girls and I we went to visit Stan and Michelle and say goodbye to Shannon.  She works on the super yachts and was also home on vacation for 3 weeks.  She left again yesterday.  Both girls have said how expensive it is to come home so I think it will be a while again before we see Shannon.  Unfortunately for Megan she works on a contract basis and has to come home to renew her visa for each contract, but this is lucky for me :)

Shannon and Megan...2 pees in a pod
I got a nice girly 2 disc mini series to watch this week in the evenings and Loren is sleeping over tonight and then tomorrow all my chickens will be here.  And before I know it, it will be Friday and the man of the house will be home again.

Don't forget to send me an email (viviennesmith68@gmail.com) so that I can add your email address to the blog settings and send you a link for access to my blog once it goes private on 22/05/2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment