2014/11/10

Monday, 10th November

I'm just popping in for a quick visit....that's what it feels like when I am 'talking' to you all.

We heard from Ilhaam this morning that the medical aid have already come back and asked for a schedule of the costs involved for stem cell transplant.  She feels that this is a positive step as they haven't written off the idea completely and recommended another treatment yet.  She is busy with the paperwork now and is hoping to get a final answer from them by the end of the week.

It is amazing how you learn to live with and accept the daily stresses.  I know what I want the answer to be but it is almost like I am at peace this week and know that whatever decision is made, is being made by a panel of professional people and I need to trust them.


Today is my sister Debbie's birthday.  Sisters like you are only made for those who are lucky, fortunate and blessed like me.  On your special day, I wish that your life ahead brings as much joy as you have brought in my life until now.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Vivienne! I am so glad I found your blog! Just wanted to stop by and thank you for following my blog. I appreciate your comments very much, and it's so amazing to have "blog-girlfriends" across the world! I will catch up on Jimmy's status asap! And how ironic that both our hubbies are Jim/Jimmy! I hope his treatments continue to move forward successfully and he can do the SCT. Altho I am out of remission from my 2010 Auto-SCT, I know it was very successful and gave me the additional years I've had, and will continue to have!!! I will look for your posts/details about his treatments, meds and plans and I wish him and your family the very best success with this crazy MM journey. Sending you and Jimmy love, support and hugs, Julie :)

Post a Comment