2014/11/18

Tuesday, 18th November 2014

As you know Jimmy's motivation for stem cell transplant went in front of the committee today between 2pm and 4pm.  At 4pm Jimmy asked me if he should phone and find out if there is any news.  I told him I didn't think he would get through as I was sure they closed at 4pm.  Anyway, he tried and got no answer.

Not 5 minutes ago his cell phone rang and it was Mrs Viljoen from the medical aid to say that she thought she would phone and let us know that they had just got out the meeting and stem cell transplant has been approved.


STEM CELL TRANSPLANT HAS BEEN APPROVED
 
 
 
 
This is the same lady who organised the injections for us through the pharmacy at Panorama Hospital.  Nice to know that there are people who really care and not just doing their job.
 
She is going to let Ilhaam/ Prof Novitzky know in the morning and I will update again once we know more and when the whole 6 week process starts.
 
Thank you so much for all your prayers and positive thoughts.
 
 
And last but not least, wishing my Mom and Dad a happy 47th wedding anniversary today.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi again Vivienne, this is just such wonderful news for Jimmy! I'm so glad his treatments thus far have brought his numbers down to a point where he qualifies for a SCT. When you know, let us all know what prep process his Docs will prescribe prior to transplant. Will he be able to use his own stem cells? I actually felt quite good after my prep process and Neupogen shots to harvest my stemmies. My Auto-SCT was a total success and I reached full remission in 2010. The process has it's challenges, but the outcome is sure worth it. I still have another 4.5 million in frozen storage. I hope Jimmy's bone pain lessens and his prep process goes smoothly for him. How soon are they planning for his SCT? Congrats on the positive news! Thinking about you and Jimmy all the time, Julie xoxo

Post a Comment