2014/11/17

Monday, 17th November

The days and weeks have really been dragging....I constantly feel like we are living in limbo.

Since last I updated, the stem cell transplant motivation with Jimmy's bone marrow biopsy results have been re-submitted to the medical aid.  I had one of those gut feels on Friday and thought we were going to get some news but nothing.  Last night I got into bed and was thinking about the week ahead and it's as if a calm has come over me.  I know we will be getting an answer this week and a plan will be laid out for Jimmy.  I believe that the best decision will be made and we will be able to move forward and have some positive results.

While I am typing Jimmy phoned through to the medical aid and the motivation is going in front of the panel tomorrow afternoon from 2pm to 4pm.  Hopefully well have an answer on Wednesday morning.

The kids are all still busy with final exams so they were studying this weekend.  It was Shannon's 18th birthday on Saturday.  It makes it very difficult with Jimmy's blood counts being so low and the fact that we can't go out.  So Shan spent the day with her mom on Saturday and then on Saturday evening we booked a table at the Toad for the girls to go out for dinner and Shan had her first legal drink.  They ended up getting a group of friends together so I think it turned out alright and a good time was had.  We didn't end up seeing much of Shannon on her birthday and only had birthday cake on Sunday but we will have to make it up to all the kids next year on their birthdays when we can enjoy the outing together.

Technology is so amazing.  I have been following a blog called Julie's Myeloma and after months of just following I decided to comment on her post.  If you noticed the comment at the bottom of my blog last Monday you will see it is from Julie.  Amazing to think that we can become friends from two different ends of the world, have something so devastating in common and even more strange is that her husband's name is Jim.  Julie had her stem cell transplant in 2010.

Well, hopefully I will be back blogging on Wednesday with some important news...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Vivienne- Your comment is so sweet! Truly the internet bringing us all together is so amazing! When I first created my blog to document my Auto-stem cell transplant in 2010, I was really posting for just friends, colleagues, family and then I realized people from ALL over were reading my posts. Now 4 years later, I continue to be amazed at who's reading my blog from where! Have you checked your blog "Stats"? I didn't figure that out at first. Now I love checking that and seeing who's reading from where. It's so fascinating to Google in countries and see where everyone is on the world map! Myeloma is awful, but the upside is it introduced us. I am so sorry to read all the pain and suffering Jimmy had endured since his DX. The various types of MM must present differently. Your pictures of your family are beautiful, and I have added your blog to mine, so I get all your updates. Hang in there Vivienne, you are an awesome wife, mom and caregiver. xoxo Julie

Post a Comment