2014/04/27

Saturday, 26th Apr

Jimmy had another good night's rest.

Megan offered to take us and Granny out for breakfast so we went down to Cafe Roux and had yummy bacon croissants.  Jimmy was quite keen to pop up to the golf club for an hour or two, to visit his buddies so my mom and I decided that we would go do some shopping.  My parents live in Bredasdorp so Cavendish is like heaven for my mom.

Rohan phoned to say that Patsy and Colleen were also going to join him at the club so I sent Patsy a message to say that I would not be there as I had made prior arrangements with my mom.  A few hours later I mentioned to my mom that it was quite strange that Patsy hadn't replied to my message as it was unlike her.  While I was checking, only to realise I had sent the message to Maureen, Jimmy phoned me to tell me it was Patsy's birthday.  Oh boy....I had forgotten my best friend's birthday!!!  I phoned her right away to apologise and being the friend she is, she played the whole thing down x  No excuse, but I suspect we will have a couple of episodes likes this in the coming months.

My mom and I had a wonderful day and we truly shopped till we dropped.  I really miss not having my mom living close to do things like this together.

I think it was also good for Jimmy to get out on his own.  We have been joined by the hip for more than two weeks now.

Well.....I am pleased to say that I have now caught up and will be making daily updates on the blog.  I had typed my diary into word for when the blog was up and running and I am there now :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This blog is a wonderful idea Viv, in so many ways. A way of keeping a record of events for the future, a help for others going through the same, a release for you and all those thoughts and worries that run around inside your head, a status report for all your family and friends to keep up to date with how it's all going. I just read it all and cried, smiled, laughed and got a lump in my throat the size of a watermelon all in the space of 5 minutes. Keep it up, it's great therapy, and remember....you are always in my thoughts xxx

Unknown said...

Thanx so much for sharing your innermost feelings with us, Viv - you are being so extremely brave .... stay strong & positive, both of you .... and fight this unwelcome battle you have been faced with - know you are always in my thoughts & prayers, and I look forward to reading your blogs on a daily basis - thanx for keeping us all informed - give Jimmy a big hug from me ..... take care for now xxxxx

Unknown said...

Hey Vivienne, well done getting the blog up and running. U are a wizz at this it seems :) An awesome idea. Jimmy is so very fortunate to have such a dedicated, loving and caring wife like yourself. Thanks for the updates. I too would like to travel this road with you guys. Sending loads of love and prayers xxx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Viv - your spirit is amazing and the thing that shines through for me is what great mates you and Jimmy are - never mind the partners and lovers bit. I'm lifted, inspired, saddened, infuriated and a bunch of other emotions I can only imagine you are experiencing on rotation. Good luck my distant friend, to you and your man. There with you in spirit xxx

Post a Comment