2014/04/27

Thursday, 17th April

Pain pills every 6 and 8 hours and I am very pleased that Jimmy's spasms have stopped.  Prof had explained that our biggest concern was Jimmy's high calcium levels which could lead to kidney problems and renal failure.  They had taken some more bloods at the clinic and if necessary Jimmy would be admitted for 4 days to intravenously flush out his kidneys.  Olivia phoned to say that they couldn't fit him in for the skeletal xray and that we should have this done on Tuesday morning prior to the bone marrow biopsy.  At lunch time I phoned Olivia to find out if the results of the blood test had come back and she said they would only get them in the late afternoon and we agreed that if I didn't hear from her then all was good.

We suddenly realised that we had a long weekend ahead of us with no children as it was an off weekend.  We alternative weekends with our ex's.  This idea seemed very appealing and we decided that we would spend the weekend watching movies in our pyjamas and eating junk food.

We also decided that it would be better to tell everyone up front so I sent out some more bbm's, whatsapp messages and sms's and we also told our close friends that they could let our other friends know, it wasn't a secret.

We spent the day vegging and taking many phone calls from shocked friends.  The number of messages we received was unbelievable.  Everyone sending their love and prayers and positive thoughts.  I knew we had some good friends but I did not realise until today just how good they are.  As one friend wrote: "One day you will look back and count the blessings you picked up along the journey" and I know that today I had found my first blessing....our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment