2014/04/27

Wednesday, 23rd April

What a good day!

I snuck out of bed this morning to drop the girls off at school and left Jimmy sleeping.  He was still fast asleep when I got home.  He had such a good day today :).  Not sure if it's the remnants of all yesterday's painkillers but he did quite allot of work on his laptop and phoned the medical aid to follow up on things like Oncology claims and see if they can claim the MRI under oncology as well.  One of his colleagues from work also came around to the house and they had a meeting.

I also had a good day and think it was a good idea to pop out for some alone time and do the shopping and then collected the girls from school.  Bumped into a friend in Pick 'n Pay and we chatted for about 30 minutes which was also quite good.  I am constantly reminded of how much shock our friends are in too, with this whole thing.

I took Jimmy to our GP as he has a horrible skin condition on some of his fingers, I thought it might be a fungus.  It was also the first time we have seen our GP since the diagnosis so it was good to chat to him today.  I must say, we were both very strong today!  Turns out it is Eczema and probably caused by some stress.

I am very pleased that my Mom is coming tomorrow to spend a few days with us, she'll be here till Sunday.  I am looking forward to some motherly support and love....whoever can replace your mother?

Taking 40 Cortisone tablets also didn't go too badly.  I divided them into 4 piles of 10 and down the hatchet they went.  As my facebook status says..."who needs breakfast after 40 cortisone tablets?"

So, all in all a good day and I am feeling blessed.  Thanks to everyone for all your prayers xx

No comments:

Post a Comment