2014/06/06

Friday, 6th June

Gosh, I can't believe it's already Friday and boy, has it been cold.  We've had the heater on for 3 days solid.  I must admit to being a little lazy when it comes to the blog but we are officially hooked to Game of Thrones and already half way through the second season.  I am sure you all know though, that it generally is a little quiet on our side when things are good.

And good they have been.  Apart from some backache, Jimmy has been so well.  He has been sleeping very well at night too which means he has been rested during the day and managed to do quite a bit of work from home this week.  On Wednesday my girls spent the night, always the highlight of my week!!  On Thursday morning I told Jimmy that I need to renew the rental on the wheelchair, get dog food and I also wanted to pop through to go and buy another filing shelf for my office.  I was indeed smiling from ear to ear when he said he would come with.  On the way home we stopped off for some lunch and for the moment it actually felt like we where both on leave and spending the day out together.  I hope for many more of these.

We left quite late this morning for chemo and only got to the clinic at 10:30....we are really stretching it these days.  I was dreading the clinic being full but there was no one else there today except for Jimmy.  His TBC (total blood count) came back this morning and Jimmy's white blood cells are very low but they went ahead with chemo anyway.  We had made plans to go and watch the rugby at the box tomorrow evening but have been told that is definitely a big NO as it is too many people in a confined place.  Jimmy is very disappointed but he did say he would rather miss a rugby game than spend another week in hospital with an infection. We flew through the whole process and we were out there in 2 hours.  And no problems from the pharmacy today either....I never did complain.  It was so nice having sister Olivia to ourselves too as we were able to ask her all about the stem cell transplant and a hundred other questions.  She truly is an angel.

My blessings today...I just think I am totally blessed that each day I have all these blessings to be thankful for!  Thank you Colleen for the delicious Bean Stew.  We had such an amazing telephone call from Dirk and Muriel, thanks so much you guys for reminding me, not to stop and smell the roses but, to slow down and consider all the positivity around me.

I am being summoned to come and watch Game of Thrones so I best get finished here.  We finished the 2nd cycle today so Tuesday is 'no chemo Tuesday' and my birthday - how's that for luck!, and third cycle starts next Friday.

Have a great weekend and GO BOKKE!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love positive posts. Glad its quiet and u r more yrself. Keep it up. Time heals all. I shall be popinng in again next week to visit u guys. Have a good weekend. And yes! Go Bokke"

Post a Comment