2014/06/02

Monday, 2nd June

I am starting to understand the true meaning of the phrase 'ups and downs'.  Literally up high and then down there and it changes just like that.

After such a terrible weekend I asked Jimmy if he was ready for a shower this morning and did he want to get dressed or back into bed?  I have to find out all these things because everything has to be ready for when he gets out the shower or he gets too cold.  I even put his deodorant and hairbrush out so that I don't have to waste time getting it out the cupboard while he is standing holding onto me and the handbasin.  The toothbrush is also always ready and armed with toothpaste waiting for him.  I lay his clothes out it order of dressing so that we can work as quickly as is possible because by the time he has showered he is quite out of breath and on bad days he gets weak very quickly.  Once dressed he used the walker to come through to the lounge and I got his chair ready with his blanket and pillow.  He was much more talkative this morning and as soon as he was settled he was on his laptop answering emails and on the phone a couple of times too.  I can't believe the difference in him.  No more nausea and bearable backache.  Whew...

I dropped the kids at school this morning and this afternoon when they got back to Mike's house after school I received a frantic telephone call from Loren and Emma to say the house had been broken into.  Jimmy and I were out here like a flash (well as flash as Jimmy could be) to go and help them.  Not very nice at all as they have only been living there just over a month.  I was just so grateful that Jimmy was feeling better today and could come with me.

As I type it is storming outside, it's hard to believe the sound of the rain as it is a huge downpour. And this makes me realise that tomorrow is Tuesday and this is why it is raining.  It has rained every Tuesday since Jimmy has been having chemo. I know, because we have to dodge the puddles outside the hospital entrance haha.  Rohan and Patsy popped in for a visit this evening and I'm sure they are glad they made it home before this storm.

My blessings today....a very big blessing indeed is that the burglars had left by the time Loren and Emma got home.  I am also so thankful that Jimmy is feeling better today.  Thank you to Kathi and Antony for another lovely meal and to my mom and dad for the spiffy zimmer frame which they brought for Jimmy.

It even has a basket for beer and biltong!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

U just the best Vivienne! Big hug to you xxx

Unknown said...

U just the best Vivienne! Big hug to you xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Jimmy & Vivienne. Been following your progress on the lovely blog. Please know that you are in our prayers and that God is at all times with you. If you received my mail you'll see that we are planning the SSC golf weekend in Sept, you'll have to get your "A" into gear so that you can be there!!
Keep well, missing your laughter at Clovelly Saturday mornings.
Gerhard

Post a Comment