2014/06/11

Wednesday, 11th June

Aaah....how nice to be sitting at my desk and blogging with the warm winter sun baking on my back on what is another icy cold day in the Mother City.  We measured 4 degrees at 7am.

I am absolutely thrilled to be able to report that Jimmy is doing so well.  He had a good week last week and so far this week, it is even better.  We see Prof Novitzky at 5:30pm for our pre-new cycle of chemo appointment, the new cycle starts on Friday.  We are also holding thumbs that Jimmy's white blood cell count is up so that we can go and do something while he is feeling so good.  Amazing to think that we are half way through a possible 4 cycles already (he booked 6 but is hoping 4 will suffice).  Thinking ahead to the stem cell transplant and what is looming almost makes me want to hang around at this stage in limbo but I won't go there and spoil the moment we are in.

A big thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes.  I was very spoilt with an awesome Nescafe Dulce Gusto Coffee machine and some money to buy something special <3  Maureen, Kate and Sheila took me out for dinner on Monday night and I am looking forward to using the very thoughtful voucher from them for a head, back and neck massage.  My parents came down from Bredasdorp to spend the afternoon with me and my girls also surprised me and slept over last night.  The best present I could ever have asked for was that Jimmy had his best day yesterday since February.  My day was very special indeed and I felt just as special, what with all the messages, phone calls, visits, presents and flowers. What more could I ask for?

Our kids are now all in the throes of mid year exams and although they will all be with us this weekend, I suspect it will be a quiet one with lots of studying.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH HAPPY BELATED BDAY!! So glad you had a special birthday. Also so glad Jimmy is doing better. Holding thumbs for this afternoon's appoinment. All the best, stay warm and look after yourselfs xx luv D'ian

Post a Comment