2014/06/03

Tuesday, 3rd June

Jimmy had a good day today and so did I.

He had a good night's sleep last night and when we got home from chemo he was in full work mode.  It's lovely to have him chatty and talking to me about stuff.  He was so quiet and withdrawn over the weekend.  I had a very sore throat yesterday and dosed myself up to ward off any other symptoms of a cold and they were all gone today.  My stye is also feeling allot better and it doesn't feel like my eyelashes are stabbing my eyeball anymore ;)

We had a hectic drive to chemo this morning.  I was driving behind a flatbed truck that had some workers sitting on the back and some building equipment and a gust of the strong wind that we are experiencing blew a wheelbarrow right off the back of the truck and into the air. I never knew I could drive like Michael Schumacher but you should have seen me dodge that wheelbarrow.  I couldn't change lanes because there was a car in the fast lane alongside me so I braked and went left, braked and went right then left again and by the time the wheelbarrow was just about to hit the ground, the car had gone passed and I accelerated and pulled into the fast lane.  If I have to say so myself, anyone watching would have thought I do this sort of thing everyday.  Poor Jimmy was hanging onto the seat and the dashboard but not a word came out his mouth.....and to think he is usually such a backseat driver!

Chemo went without any complications.  They were very busy, it took about 3 hours.  And I can't believe I am going to say this again....it was nice to see our Tuesday friends.....hard to believe another week has passed.  Jimmy suggested taking his new walker with him and he used it to walk from the car to the clinic and back.

I have decided that I am going to officially make a complaint about the pharmacy at the UCTPAH.  I believe it is privately run.  Everyone that works at UCTPAH in unbelievable, right down to the porters and the cleaning staff.  They have 4 or 5 people working on reception and each time we go we have to have a file opened for Jimmy and they are so friendly and helpful.  But the pharmacy staff are something else.  I think I have mentioned before that I take the script there myself now because when the clinic was dropping it off for me to collect on our way out, the script was never done.  This afternoon I handed it in and we sat for about 15 minutes waiting.  I then remembered that they owed us 5 pills from Friday's script so I went to the window and asked to speak to the person doing Jimmy's script.  The guy just would not oblige.  But they did spend 4 minutes picking up every piece of paper that was laying around looking for the script.  I explained that the script would not by laying anywhere as I had handed it in 15 minutes ago and that we were sitting on the chairs right next to the window waiting for the medication.  And believe it or not, it was indeed laying on the counter.  The person I gave it to just put it down.  And it's not to say that they were busy, we were the only ones waiting for a script.  The service is so bad and Jimmy cannot stand or sit for very long while we wait for them to do things in their own time.  I had to ask him 3 times to speak to the pharmacist.  Eventually she came to the window because she heard me moaning at him.

That's enough moaning for one day!  I spoke to the girls earlier and they seem okay.  Megan is a bit peeved because she waited the whole day for the fingerprint people to come and no one pitched. Poor Loren had hockey practise in spite of this storm.  She only gets home after 7pm from Hartleyvale and she must have been sopping wet and freezing cold.  Speaking of which....2cm of snow has been forecast for Table Mountain tomorrow night.

I hope you all have a good evening.  Stay warm and sleep tight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jimmy & Vivienne, You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers and we hope for Jimmy's speedy recovery. Kind regards. Sakkie & Noeleen

Unknown said...

Hello my lovelies .... how you both doing? Just dropping in to say hi and to let you know that I'm thinking of you guys. Wish I lived closer, so that I could be of more help .... not that I could help, as I can't cook ..... but thoughts & prayers are always with you. Hang in there, cherub, you're doing a sterling job, even though most days you feel you're not ..... you're being a great rock for Jimbo ..... keep smiling guys and STAY POSITIVE ..... much love B xx

Anonymous said...

So glad your driving skills got you out of that spot Vivienne. Well done. Also really happy to hear that Jimmy has been feeling more upbeat. Take care of yourselves. Love, Sharon

Post a Comment