2014/06/28

Saturday, 28th June

I am getting messages from friends saying that I am very quiet and should they be worried but I am sitting here wondering what interesting news there is to share but afraid to say there isn't much.  When the going gets good the reporting gets quiet.

Jimmy is still doing very well.  He seems to have reached a plateau and staying there.  His white blood cell counts are still much better than they were but by no means what they should be.  He is feeling so good that we have to remind ourselves that he can't just go out into crowded spaces etc where there is the chance of picking up a germ and getting a cold or an infection.  He has been complaining that his back is feeling stiff and uncomfortable (not painful) but I think this is because he is doing a bit more than usual and he gets tired very quickly.  He definitely doesn't do standing around very well.

I had a sore gland in my neck and scratchy throat for 3 days and thought I was coming down with something.  My stomach was also feeling a bit queasy and I was wondering how we were going to cope if I get sick, apart from the fact that I can pass it on to Jimmy, but I am happy to say this old body put up a fight and I am feeling much better today.  It's now two and half months since I have done any running and exercising and I am starting to feel it.  Each weekend I convince myself that I am going to start on Monday again but, I am just not in that frame of mind.  I don't know why, because I know it will be very good for me.
 
We were supposed to be in Port Elizabeth this weekend to watch the Springboks vs Scotland game (Rob and Arlene...we thinking of you!!).  This one has some serious family rivalry as Jimmy is Scottish.   Jimmy's folks live in a cottage on our grounds and although his father doesn't really follow rugby, he usually does show an interest in this game.  It was all quiet on their side and the more tries we scored the less chance I thought there was of them popping over.

This is who came to visit as soon as the game ended!

Jimmy's Dad, Ewen

And I think there was method in his madness because we completely forget to rub in that he had lost 55-6.  Thanks Rohan and Patsy for a lovely evening.  There is nothing like inviting your friends over for a braai and rugby and they have to braai :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do this regularly invite people around to braai for us, not that I want it but I don't argue if they volunteer. What a conflict I had watching this game (none) Bokkies all the way

Post a Comment