2014/05/02

Friday, 2nd May 2014

Are they really magic pink pills or is it just coincidence that Jimmy's pain wasn't as bad when he was taking them?  He had a rough evening and night last night and when I asked him on a ratio of 1 to 10 how the pain was compared to his last bout of bad pain, he said 55.  This poor man.  I look forward to when his pain is being managed better but until then it will just be trial and error.



Yesterday was the 1st of May and quite a significant day as Jimmy's promotion was official.  He has been promoted from Branch Manager to Regional Manager.  This has been in the pipeline for a few months.  Quite fitting that we bought him that luxurious lazyboy yesterday, a chair fit for 'the big boss' .  Well done my darling.  Your hard work and commitment make you very deserving.





I had a bit of a wobbly this morning. I woke up with an anxious, knot-like feeling in my stomach and it just wouldn't go away.  It felt like I couldn't get enough air into my diaphragm and the more I realised that today I wasn't coping very well, the worse it got.  Almost like a panic attack.  Thank goodness for wonderful friends.  I told Jimmy I was taking the dvd's back and popping in at Maureen's  for coffee, with a brave smile on my face.  Of course the wheels fell off completely and I had a good cry.  We went down to the pharmacy to beg for some more magic pink pills without a script and I got some Relicalm. And then back to Maureen's for coffee and a good chat.  Thank you my friend.

I would like to share a quote that Sandy sent me today:
Life ebbs and flows.  Every once in a while the ebb outweighs the flow but mostly the flow has got your back.  (What's up, Flo! You got me?)  A bump in the road is not the end of the world.  Just wear your seatbelt so your head doesn't hit the roof too hard.  And if it does, bandage it up and move on.  It will heal - Jennifer Pastiloff.

No comments:

Post a Comment