2014/05/19

Monday, 19th May

I have been a bit slack at blogging since Friday but this is only because Jimmy is feeling so much better.  Even our precious Onge told him today that "my sir is back".  We had been out and when he walked in he asked her if she enjoyed her sleep while we were out.  She so loves Jimmy's sense of humour.

On Saturday evening Maureen and Clive phoned to say they coming to watch rugby with us and arrived armed with food.  It's not often that I don't watch rugby but it was really nice just chatting and catching up on some girl talk while the men supported the Stormers.

Brad and Shannon popped in for a visit on Sunday morning and in the afternoon we had our annual Sunshine Corner golf braai at Ant and Kathi's so we decided that we would pop down for a visit for an hour or so.  It was soooo nice to see everyone and I am blown away by how many people are following my blog.  We ended up staying just over 2 hours.  Two gin and tonics and the good company did wonders for making us feel that life was a bit normal again.  In fact, I suggested that maybe I should buy a bottle and have 2 each evening! Coming home was a bit of a downer, almost like back to reality but I went down and got some pizza and a DVD.

Jimmy slept through again last night so we have decided we are going to give our bed another try tonight.  I can't  believe the difference a good night's sleep has had on him.  I had to go to the bank this afternoon to do a wire transfer for some more models that I am importing and I suggested Jimmy come with for the drive and then we stopped so he could have a hair cut.  He's done quite a bit of work today, phoning and going through his emails etc.  Gosh....I can't believe how quiet the afternoon is without the girls here.  It's our first school day since they moved and I am lost not dropping and picking them up and nagging them about having lunch and doing their homework.  I miss their classroom stories too.

Tomorrow morning we have another chemo treatment, the last in the first cycle, and then Jimmy has a week off.  It's such a pity his back is still so sore because we were just saying that we could have gone camping for a few days.

My blessing today is the book I read last night , Out of the Shadows by Ethel Helman.   Thank you Sharon, I am definitely going to see if I can get hold of her other one - An Autumn Life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Viv and Jimmy, am glad to see there is progress been made, this is a good sign, don't get complacent on your blog how else do we keep up to date without bugging you with phone calls. All the best Guppy and Diane

Anonymous said...

Viv , you are a wonderful mother and wife - you write so beautifully and your love for Jimmy and your children shines through. Thank you for allowing me/us to be part of this very difficult road you are both having to fight . I read your blog nearly everyday and feel as if I am living this tough time with you - know that I may not see you often or talk to you but both you and Jimmy are in my thoughts daily and I speak to the Angels asking them to keep you both strong . If there is anything at anytime I can do please just give me a shout . Much love to you both , Jackie Shaw

Post a Comment