2014/05/24

Saturday, 24th May

My gosh, the days are really just rolling into each other and I am losing track of where we are.  Not having the girls here adds to this feeling too as I don't drop and fetch them from school or sports anymore.  Jimmy has been home for almost 6 weeks already. On Thursdays I still get that little excited feeling about the weekend being around the corner but I have to say that this morning when I woke up it wasn't that nice to realise that it was Saturday and that our day will be just the same as it is any other day.  I look forward to when Jimmy is strong enough so we can drive up to my folks for the weekend or go away somewhere close or even to Imhoff Caravan Park in Kommetjie for the weekend.

Yesterday was a pretty normal day but a nice break from having to go through for chemo treatment.  We had a lovely visit from Edward, thank you for taking the time to pop in during your busy day.  Jimmy has been very tired lately and a bit pale.  He has even been going to lie down and have a sleep in the afternoon.  I had to wake him up yesterday evening at 6:15pm because I was scared he would have trouble sleeping last night.  We got take aways for supper and then watched a DVD, this is becoming the Friday night ritual.

Oh boy....how could I forget?  I had to defend myself with a broom stick against a huge spider.  Jimmy spotted it, sitting on the ceiling above my head.  He didn't actually say anything but I could see from the look on his face something was amiss. Needless to say, Jimmy disappeared to the other side of the kitchen and stood watching with his hands in his pockets.  As I brought the broom closer it was wiggling its 2 front legs back and forth.  It fell off the ceiling and landed on the floor right in front of me and I was just about to klap it with an almighty shot of the broom when it jumped forward.  I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.  Of course once it was all over I did find myself wondering if spiders live in pairs!

I couldn't believe the weather when we woke up today.  I had planned a surprise outing for this morning.  Stan and Michelle were going to join us but we had to cancel.  For those of you reading this who don't live in Cape Town....it is pouring with rain, very dark and cold and the weather bureau warned against 70km p/h gale force north westerly winds.  It is howling outside, even our roof trusses are creaking.  Unfortunately I can't spill the beans (I never know if and when Jimmy is going to start reading the blog) as we have taken a rain check on the outing and hope to do it some time soon.

Jay Jay popped in for a visit again this morning, it's always nice to see him as he is always happy and has lots of stories to tell and he brings lekkergoed.  The milk tart was lovely!  I showered Jimmy in the late morning which exhausted him.  He has been so strong and now he is quite weak again in the last two days.  We were warned that this would more than likely happen as the chemo treatments move along but I didn't think it would happen this early in the treatment.  He is complaining allot about his back again too.

We've had a very lazy Saturday, it actually feels just like a Sunday.  I cooked early and we ate supper at 3:30pm.  We really are starting to act like a retired couple, next thing we'll be eating jam sandwiches for supper.  Jimmy is watching the Stormers beat the Cheetahs which is being played at Newlands.  Shame, I know he is wishing he could be there.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes Jimmy would have loved to be in the box. He will soon. Since my last visit he looks better. And he is more chirpy. I am glad. I know he will beat this! He is strong. And Vivienne you are such a wonderfully supportive wife :) I sincerely love visiting and would like to do much more:) Thankyou for yr hospitality. See you guys soon with more lekker goed xxx

Unknown said...

Dear Viv, you sound a little down in your blog, I hope you can line up something pleasant and full of fun this week to make a change to the routine you have at the moment, its amazing how looking forward to something can cheer us up. If I was in cape town now, I'd surprise you with a visit and a treat outing. Wish I was there......

Post a Comment