2014/05/22

Thursday, 22nd May

It's amazing how day by day Jimmy just seems better and more like the Jimmy we all know.  Another excellent night's sleep too.  He even says his back doesn't seem as painful since we got the new bed.  It's all so positive and I am loving it!

It was so nice having the girls for the night last night, our home felt normal again.

Jimmy had a lazy morning in bed.  I went to drop the girls at school and got him a treat chococino take away which he had in bed and then he got up at about 9am.  Megan treated us to Mcdonald's Muffins with hash browns for breakfast too....thanks Meggypegs.

Jimmy had a conference call this morning and did some more work.  I can even hear the difference in his voice when he is on the phone now.  It was such a lovely day today with no wind and rain and that nice, warm winters day sun, so we spent some time sitting on the veranda baking like lizards in the warm sun.  I took Jimmy shopping in the wheel chair to look for some king pillows and pillowcases for our new bed this afternoon and then when we got home he had a snooze.  It was also very nice having Megan come with us and spend the day with us today. I think I might try and plan an outing once a week, during the week, for a change in scenery.

The best thing about tomorrow is that it is chemo free Friday! (big smile)

My blessings today were Colleen who dropped off a big bowl of stew, we can't wait to warm this up for supper...thank you very much.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good news are so welcome! We pray for continued rest and pain free days this weekend. Good bless those doctors with good plans x

Unknown said...

Hiya guys .... lovely to hear that Jimmy's a little bit more pain free, and up and about ..... and, talk about supacallafragalistic ...... that bed looks & sounds awesome! May you have plenty of sleepful nights in it - and don't be getting any ideas Mr & Mrs Smith!!!!! Enjoy .... and have a fun weekend. Glad to hear all your chickens came home too - I must say, I cried my eyes out when I read that blog, Viv - I felt so so sorry for you, but as everyone was saying, I'm sure they didn't mean any harm by it - more so to give you a bit of space and time with Jimmy - very mature and understanding of them! Anyway, much love as always ..... take care now .... Barbie xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Viv and James glad to see you two are coping better, glad to hear my buddy is doing better. Just take it Jimmy you may feel better but you still need to take it easy, no point in undoing the good work that has been done by been hasty, trust me it's not worth it, from experience. Love the bed makes a massive difference having a good quality bed , only thing missing is the automatic beer dispenser next to the bed, mind you that why you are there Viv, only kidding you are doing a fantastic job looking after Jimmy, look after yourself as well Viv. All my regards Guppy

Anonymous said...

Elated to hear that Jimmy is feeling more like himself. Sjoe, that stew sounds lovely too - especially for the cold nights we are experiencing now:):) Sharon

Post a Comment