2014/05/15

Thursday, 15th May

Can you believe that today, one month ago, we were told that Jimmy has Myeloma.

Jimmy had another terrible night's sleep.  He is permanently uncomfortable, whether he is sitting in the lazy boy, lying on the couch or in bed.  I phoned the Doctor this morning and she said I must add two Paracetamol tablets each time he takes his pain killers.  She also said I should give him some Trepiline and she would send through a script for some sleeping pills.  I should get this tomorrow.  On the positive, Jimmy's chest is feeling must better.

We are getting into a routine at home now with all the different things that need to be done at different times with rests in between.  The pill schedule is something on its own and showering takes an hour!  Tomorrow is our first time of driving through to the Chemo Clinic at UCTPAH for his treatment.  We were told that if we are there by 9am we should be out by lunch time so this means I need to get Jimmy up and dressed with breakfast so that he can have his medication.  We plan to drop the girls at school and then drive straight through from there at 07h40.  I am dreading the morning traffic into Cape Town but we'll use tomorrow as a test run and see how long it takes us.  It is pouring with rain so I am expecting it to take a bit longer and there is sure to be a robot out of order or a fender bender to test my nerves.  And.....as sick as Mr Smith is....he still likes to backseat drive :)

I had such a busy day work wise.  It's like the dealers all decided today is the day to order Harleys and I had some enquiries from other companies too.  I did some catch-up Brush Works paperwork and I am all up to date again...it feels good.  It looks like we going to have a busy Winter.  I haven't been on site this whole week so I need to make time for that next week. I have also been googling adjustable beds as I was thinking that maybe this is the way to go for Jimmy.  Tafelberg Furnishers have one but no prices on the web so on Monday I'll do some phoning around.  Any recommendations?

My blessings today was definitely the Cottage Pie Colleen made for us.  In fact, I don't think I will ever make cottage pie again, the stakes are just too high.  It was lovely to see Rohan and Patsy again who have both been too sick....we have missed you!  And to those who touched me today with special words, thank you.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You seem to have everything under control. And once again you are an awesome wife to Jimmy. Time heals all. Be strong for the family Vivienne! Thanks for the update. Would like to pop in again soon if I may :)

Post a Comment