2014/05/08

Thursday, 8th May

Just got home from the hospital and so happy to be able to tell you all that Jimmy is looking MUCH better.

They have put railings up on the sides of his bed so that he can hold on to these when he needs to shift position, which is working wonders.  I gave him a facecloth bath with a nice, warm, fluffy facecloth and he brushed his teeth.  I'm sure he feels like a new man now.

Prof Novitzky has a doctor that works for him.  He does the morning round and then she does two more during the day.  I had a long chat to her about the Bone Marrow Biopsy results but not going to go into details now.  (Will leave this for when he is home and I have more time).  Basically we need to 'not expect anything good or bad' as everyone reacts differently to the chemo and then there will be little things sent to test us along the way, like the Pneumonia that he has now.

Now that he has been admitted they have also realised just how much pain he has been in.  I think it's 12 or 13 weeks already, but definitely worse in the last two.  Tomorrow they are sending some other department in to measure him up for a back brace and they going to sort out the pain meds so that he can function once he comes home.  The back brace will also help as she explained that there is nothing they can do about the fractured vertebra until he is in remission.  Oh...chemo has also been increased from 4 cycles to 6.

And lastly, the best news is that when I gave Jimmy his phone tonight (an iphone which is just beyond my logical use and I managed to lock the sim) there was a message from the medical aid this afternoon to say that the authorisation for the treatment has gone through.  We are hoping this will start on Monday.

And the garage door has been fixed yay!

Thank you Rohan and Patsy for the lovely dinner and coming out in the cold, wet weather when you are both sick to drop it off.  And again, thank you for all your phone calls, love, prayers and inspirational messages. Sorry if I have missed some of the calls and haven't phoned back.  It's a busy day at the moment and my poor girls see me in shifts.

Jimmy and I had a chat tonight and we said that we are going to kick this thing together!!  Love you so much my angel...



PS.  I made him pull the sheet up because I don't want his secretaries to see his sexy chest ;)








15 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update, been thinking and praying for you and Jimmy all day! Continue to pray for the medical team and for peace of mind for you and Jimmy. May he have some pain free days soon!

Unknown said...

The tears are just streaming down my face ..... this is such a *&%&( awful disease, it angers me so much that people have to suffer like this! Poor Jimmy, being in so much pain, and now to have pneumonia on top of it all. Stay strong, Viv - this is THE toughest test you'll ever have to go through, but you're doing a sterling job. Jimmy is so thoughtful, even at his worst, he doesn't want you to be too upset - as your friend said, don't take it personally - seeing you upset must upset him more than you think. You write so well and keep us all updated as if we're right there with you .... I feel your pain ..... stay strong, that's all I can say - and I'll keep praying this end ...... much love and please send Jimmy my love - hope the excrutiating pain ceases soon - and thank **** that the medical aid have sorted themselves out ... FFS, how long does it take, hey!! Don't mean to vent on here ..... it's just so frustrating to think that things can't be moved along quicker, especially when people are suffering with pain. Okay, I had best end off for now ...... keep smiling guys .... much love Babs xxx

Unknown said...

Jimmy keep on fighting, it is going to be hard but you can do it. I thought I had issues but I can not feel the pain you are going through, its always the not knowing that is worse than the pain, but take it from me you are a true born Scot and we are born with the fighting spirit in us even when we are at our lowest we come back swinging. If ever you want a sympathetic or empathetic ear feel free to call, I will always try be there to help whee I can. Keep well and look forward to getting better. Your buddy Guppy

Unknown said...

Just caught up on all your blog news since we've been away. Sjoe! I can't believe how fast things can change...what a rollercoaster ride. Really glad Jimmy is feeling better after the hospital scare, and that they have upped the meds...pain makes things so much worse, I saw that with my dad. Thinking of you always and praying for a good recovery. Much love xxx

Anonymous said...

So so glad he is feeling better!! I send out a prayer request yesterday to my family and friends. Thinking of you always!! All the best for the day ahead!! Stay strong. Luv D'ian xx

Anonymous said...

AND THANK YOU MEDICAL AID!!! Flippen Finally! I know how horrible the pain must be, I al so saw with my dad, he drank morphine from a bottle. He had pancreas cancer. Look after yourselfs and take it one day at a time. Thank you again for sharing. xx D'ian

Anonymous said...

Wow Vivienne. You do write beautifully and thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and Jimmy's condition so that we can keep informed and pray effectively for his and your current needs. You are both so strong. I am a bit lost for words. God bless, Sharon & Bryan

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update Vivienne. Really glad he is feeling better :) Looks like he is been looked after very well. You are a good wife Vivienne. Jimmy is one lucky man. We are with you every step of the way! Sending love. best wishes and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Mat 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith."
Vivienne thanks for your update. Please to hear that things can now start to get together with the treatment. We will walk the walk together in our prayers every day.
GOD Bless!! and keep on to be strong. Melt & Rina

Unknown said...

Hi Viv, Matthew has been keeping me updated on how you are both doing. Sending lots of love and hugs - Vanessa and Cameron xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Viv and Jimmy - you are in our thoughts and prayers all the time. Trust that the start of the treatment goes well. Love the Marsdens

Unknown said...

Hi Viv, thinking of you and Jimmy , please say high to him , have you both in my prayers.
Love Nito

Unknown said...

sorry logged on as my wifes profile

Unknown said...

Hi Viv and Jimmy - you are in our thoughts and prayers.No matter what you face in life... Don't let go of God's Hand.
Sakkie & Noeleen.

Anonymous said...

looking good

Post a Comment