2014/05/12

Monday, 12th May

I haven't seen much of Jimmy today at all.  I got to the hospital at 11:30am and he was coming back from xrays in a wheelchair.  We got him back into bed but he still seems very quiet and tired.  His folks were there when I arrived and when they left he was very teary eyed.  They brought his lunch which he didn't want to eat and he just says he isn't 'feeling very lekker'.  I held his had and he fell asleep so I read my book for two and half hours and he woke up when I was packing up my things to leave.

His folks went through again at 3pm and they only stayed 30 minutes as he was much the same, just drifting in and out of sleep.

This evening I didn't go through as I needed to help Loren and Emma with some school work - very long overdue.  Loren has flu and stayed at home today so I helped her with some Afrikaans tonight and Emma has to hand in her science investigation project tomorrow so I helped her with the graphs she needed to do on the PC.

Clive and Maureen offered to go through this evening and phoned to say he was still sleepy when they got there but otherwise they thought he was okay and he was talking to them.

It's funny how so many things go through my mind.  I wonder if this is an effect of the chemo but I don't think so because he has his second treatment tomorrow and should be feeling ready for that as it's been 3 days since the last one and he didn't have any side effects.  Has the pneumonia got worse? Is he just tired or has he had time to think about everything while he is lying in hospital and just feeling down?  Or maybe this is just the ups and downs he will go through?  I really am over analysing this but I feel so sorry for Jimmy, he really doesn't deserve all this.

So...tomorrow Jimmy has his second chemo treatment. Let's hold thumbs that it goes as well as the first, that he feels much better tomorrow and with any luck he can come home.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Viv, thank you for the blog, I'm praying that Jimmy will feel more comfortable tomorrow and that you will stay strong and positive. Thinking of and praying for you Everday. Climbing Everest was always going to be tough, at the foot hills now, I suppose, so not much of a view yet, just the anticipation of climbing.....

Unknown said...

I would say its a combination of everything, the fact that he is in the hospital and not at home with you and the kids and he probably has lots of time to think about things, just stay strong and don't over analyse and like you say, take each day as it comes, each day will be very different, lots of love xxx

Unknown said...

You are strong Viv, tons of love to you and Jimmy, your blog really gave me a huge lump, umm in my throat ! xx

Nito said...

Glad to hear he is sounding better and starting to move around better, Still thinking of both of you

Post a Comment